If you are planning on selling your house this year or the next, landscaping is one of the most essential and rewarding things you can do to prepare for the prime selling season.
Curb Appeal is HUGE!
A Clemson University study found landscaping can result in more than 100% return on investment. The return on investment is contingent upon the quality of the landscape design and installation project and company. According to Clemson Professor, Mark Henry, "There are few guidelines available to homeowners on the return of investment in sales that could be expected from added investments in landscaping".
Numerous studies show that landscaping can increase the value of residential and commercial property from 5% to as much as 20%
! The greatest factor leading to this increase is the buyers' first impression when pulling up for a showing.If you are not looking to hire a professional landscape designer this season, we suggest you do these few, simply tasks to your landscape before putting it on the market.
- Prune and trim any dead branches on shrubs and trees.
- Plant a garden to the front yard (and back yard, if possible); try to enhance your house with the right color flowers.
- Weed and mulch any existing garden areas or planting beds in your front and back yard.
- Make sure to keep your grass green and mowed to an appropriate length, Organic Lawn Care is the only safe to do this!!
- Repaint any parts of your house that may have been damaged from the winter weather.
Consulting with a local professional landscape designer, will result in optimal usage of your yard and money. Make sure to tell them about any future plans of selling your home so they can choose the best plants and design to optimize your money and increase your property value!
Feel free to download our free guide
that takes your through the steps of hiring a professional landscape designer and helps you decide if its right for you.