Do you see the plants, tress, shrubs, and lawn struggling to grow in your yard and wonder how to fix it? Can they even be fixed? What about the site conditions...poor water drainage, too much sun or shade? So many things to think about! That is exactly why you should hire a landscape designer. Some battles are worth fighting, but this time, let the professionals fight your landscape war.
Top 5 Reasons to Hire a Landscape Designer:
1. Creativity- A landscape or garden project can often seem overwhelming. A professional designer is able to address the problems with your yard and create a sustainable plan that will enhance your yard as well as understand your concerns.
2. Communication- A designer helps you communicate your priorities, wants, and needs, as well as help establish and manage a budget. It is essential for the relationship between a designer and clients to be transparent. Use this guide for questions to ask a landscape designer.
3. Comprehension- An accurately conducted site analysis allows the designer to understand your current landscape conditions and soil test results, in order to implement the most sustainable solution and plan for your yard. Comprehension goes beyond communication of design. It also includes understanding the different terminology used to describe and install plants and materials chosen.
4. Cost Effective- By thoroughly studying and analyzing the existing conditions of your home and yard, the professional is able to understand the sun-drenched or shade-covered areas and therefore minimize various costs, such as water, by correctly matching plants' needs with existing conditions. Sustainability is something we all strive for, but can be hard to attain without the proper knowledge.
5. Curb Appeal- By properly installing gardens, plants, trees, shrubs, walkways and entrances, the designer not only creates your perfect outdoor environment, but also adds to the value of your home through curb appeal. Understanding curb appeal.
Landscape design projects are typically a considerable financial undertaking, whether you do it yourself or hire a professional to design and install. Doing it yourself may appear to be a less expensive route in order to add some plants and shrubs to your yard.
Ultimately, when choosing to redesign your landscape, it is important to understand the pros and cons for hiring a professional landscape designer to design and install your dream landscape. Before you make your decision, download our free landscape design guide